Friday, September 20, 2013

Before, After...and AFTER!

I was told during the last few weeks of school last year that I'd be switching classrooms with another teacher.  At first, I wasn't very happy, because it meant moving all my books.  If you've ever been in my classroom, you know that I have a LOT of books!  The more I thought about it though, the more excited I became, because it meant that I would get to be next to two of my good friends, who also happen to be teachers in Pettus. (Mrs. Camden and Mrs. Staples)  Also, most of the time, change is good! Sometimes, change can mean an opportunity to start over fresh, and that's the outlook I took on switching rooms. At first, I was just going to arrange the furniture and paint a bookcase or two...let's just say...I got a little carried away.

My daughter Hailee came up and helped me get started with the painting.  I don't think either of us expected a couple of coats of paint to make such a huge difference to the overall vibe of the room, but it really did! We were pretty darned pleased with how cute everything turned out.  We took pictures before, and then again after, to show the transformation.
Before:
After:

As I collapsed into my chair today, during about the last ten minutes of my last class,  I just sat there for a minute, looking at all the stuff going on at the same time, and I realized something.  The "after" photos from the summer makeover can't hold a candle to  what that same classroom looks like when it's occupied and in full use by it's students.  




HAVE A FANTASTIC WEEKEND!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be approved before they will be posted by Mrs. Schauer. Please keep comments kind and relevant to the posts! :)