Thursday, December 8, 2011

THE TIGER RISING, by Kate DiCamillo Posted by Payton

The Tiger Rising, by Kate DiCamillo
Posted by Payton


Posted by Payton
The Tiger Rising is about a boy named Robert whose mother recently died of cancer.  At his mother's funeral, his father told him there is no point in crying because it won't bring her back.  So Rob has an emotional suitcase he stores all of his emotions in which is giving him a rash on his legs.


When he was waiting for the bus one day he found a tiger in the woods and  the tiger helped him keep his suitcase closed.  That same day he met a girl named Sistine.  He shows her the tiger.  She says they should let him go.  Will they take the risk and set him free or will they leave him in the cage?  Find out by reading....The Tiger Rising
.

10 comments:

  1. I want to read this book to see how the boy feels after he lets the tiger go and his suitcase opens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely want to read this book. You've given me just the right amount to be interested!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this sounds very interesting, I would love to read it myself. G.S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate DiCamillo is like my literary hero. Thanks to your post, I'm going to have to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Kate DiCamillo! My favorite book of hers is BECAUSE OF WINN DIXIE. I also really liked THE MAGICIAN'S ELEPHANT.

    Keep reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kate Dicamilo is one of my favorite authors and this is a great book. I hope more people read this because you have done a great job in describing the story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! Payton, this is really good! If i hadn't already read this book I would!!! I hope you make some more blog post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. payton!!!!!! your such a good blogger!!!!!!! post some more!!!!!!!!!!!!!%)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you did a really really good job on this!:) <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Payton...You've gotten a lot of great feedback on this blog entry. You have great insight into the characters. :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments must be approved before they will be posted by Mrs. Schauer. Please keep comments kind and relevant to the posts! :)