Monday, January 7, 2013

This Year, by Katie



My favorite thing about this year is going to have to be Mrs.Schauer’s class. I always have so much fun in her class  because there is almost never a time when we’re not laughing. Another thing I like about Reading is that we just recently finished reading a book as a class. It was a book called The Giver, and I really think it was a good book. Even when we were reading the book, we laughed!   Sometimes we were sad over the book, but we always had fun. 

I think other people should read The Giver because I think some people would really love it. I loved it but sometimes it left me in suspense. I would go home sometimes and my brain would be so tired from reading. This book really makes you think a lot. It may seem boring at the beginning but towards the end it gets really good. 

Before we read the book as a class we watched this movie called Pleasantville. It was kind of similar to The Giver in some ways. I liked the movie too because it kind of helped me understand once we started reading the book because Mrs. Schauer related the book to the movie and it helped it make sense.   You would have to read the book and see the movie to really love the book. At the end of the period, I'm always sad to leave Reading.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be approved before they will be posted by Mrs. Schauer. Please keep comments kind and relevant to the posts! :)