Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A Change, Posted by Alyssa

6th grade is a big step.  It’s so big that it probably changed my whole school life. The thing about 6th grade is the way you come into 6th grade is the way people are gonna see you for the rest of your years in school, Well except for college and when you’re a senior cause you’re gonna be the oldest out of everybody. When I first met everybody in my class, I was in 2nd grade. They accepted me for who I am which most people don’t do. I think the reason they accepted me for who I am is because everyone in my class is like my family. The people in my class have known each other for a real long time and when we had problems or needed help we would go to each other. A lot of people have told us that feeling like we’re a family will stop in 7th grade, but I don’t believe that at all because we’ve stuck to each other for six years and we’re a pretty strong family because we’ve been through a lot together and a lot of people have tried to break us up. But we just stay strong and keep our heads up high and if the road gets broken and one of us falls  then we will help that person cause that what family does—they stay and help each other out. In Hawaiian, the word Ohana means family and family means no one is left behind so nobody is gonna be left behind in our family. So my advice to the upcoming 6th graders is when you come to 6th grade be yourself don’t try to be like the older kids.                                                                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be approved before they will be posted by Mrs. Schauer. Please keep comments kind and relevant to the posts! :)