Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Goodbye Sixth Grade Posted by Kayla

I really think this year has gone by fast, a little too fast. I know for sure I am going to miss Mrs. Schauer., because she is one of the best teachers in 6th grade. There really weren’t any bad teachers—I liked them all. 

In Mr. Niemier’s class we read a book at the end of the school year and we also got to do a project on it. I had Mr. Flores for history.  All he dose is make us copy down notes, and it is really easy as long as you copy it all down. Math is my least favorite, but it’s not because of the teacher. I mean Mrs. DeCamp is nice, it’s just I really don’t like math. Mrs. Camden was a really good Science teacher and her class was really fun because we did projects.

I never thought I would love to read this much, but Mrs. Schauer has really helped me.  Now I love to read and I hope that any new 6th graders that don’t like it, love it by the end of their sixth grade year.  No teacher could ever help you more than Mrs. Schauer. We even had are own journal so we could talk privately with someone just in case we had any trouble with junior high…One of the reasons her class was so fun was, we got to read books together as a class, we read-The Giver, On My Honor, Number The Stars, and Tiger Rising. She had all the books on audio, where the computer read the books to us and then we talked about them and took tests over them. She showed us how to make book trailers and we got to choose what book to do it on. She also set up a blog for all 6thgrade.

I love 6thgrade and I am really sad to leave. It feels like just yesterday I was scared to meet all of my new teachers but now I don’t want to leave them.  6th grade can have a lot of drama but don’t worry you will always get through it just like I did.

1 comment:

  1. Really luv your blog about sixth grade and luv how you talked about the teachers ur really nice!!!!!<3

    ReplyDelete

All comments must be approved before they will be posted by Mrs. Schauer. Please keep comments kind and relevant to the posts! :)