Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Advice from Binjimin

Dear Future Sixth Graders, 

I am going to talk to you about what to expect, what you'll probably like, and what to avoid in middle school.  On the first day, it is hectic.  I didn't know where to go or what to do, so I just followed an eighth grader, only I didn't know it was an eighth grader.  

To me, PE is just plain boring.  Yeah, you "exercise" by playing a game of kickball or walking around the track, but most of  the time you just sit around.  If you get a choice, my opinion is for you to choose Athletics instead of PE

Mrs. Camden is pretty fun for Science and I liked her class.  Math is boring, so I don't care about math.  For Social Studies, it depends on who you get, but I got Mr. Flores.  He makes you write A LOT of notes.  If you annoyed him enough like I did, he would put you in the back of the room.  I got put in the back and just propped my backpack up on a desk and didn't write notes for the rest of the year. (I stopped writing them in the middle of the first semester, which is probably why my grades were never very good in that class)  

Mrs. Schauer is AWESOME!!! She teaches Reading and English and everybody likes her.  She is fun and makes everything that's hard seem easy.  She does make you work, but it's not bad because she makes it fun.  If you are lucky like I was, you'll get her after 4th period and spend an hour with her.  Then you'll go to lunch and come back for another hour with her. 

Seventh Period is Tutorials.  If you're passing your classes, you get to go down to the old tennis courts and play or do whatever you want.  

Eighth period for me was Band, and I played the drums.  At first I thought I wanted to be in high school band, but it got really hard and boring, so I decided not to stay in after sixth grade.  

What to Avoid!!!!!!!! 

1.  Do not make fun of seniors because they WILL hurt you. 

2.  Don't pants someone in Science.

3.  Don't climb a tall tree and slide back down.

4.  Don't mess with Mr. Niemeier.

5.  Don't poop in a urinal.  (It was a dare, and I learned my lesson--don't do it!)


Well, got to go.  Good luck in sixth grade!  


~Binjimin

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be approved before they will be posted by Mrs. Schauer. Please keep comments kind and relevant to the posts! :)