Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Advice from Brandon

Dear Future Sixth Graders,

Hi, my name is Brandon and I'm going to tell you what to expect in the sixth grade. Well I am new to this school and I was nervous at the beginning of the year so I just followed the first person in my classes.

PE is a boring period but I'm not a huge fan of athletics because I'm kind of a band geek.  The thing about band is that it's not easy, but if you have a lot of fun with it like I  did, then it might just be one of your easiest periods.

My favorite classes are Reading and English because they are taught by the best teacher, Mrs. Schauer.  She makes everything seem easy.  We sometimes would have this thing called a "snack pack" where you would get a free snack if you made a 100 on a packet.

If you're lucky like me, you will have Coach Ramirez as your Social Studies teacher.  He's fun and you get to watch movies after every few chapters.

Sixth grade can be brutal.  There are people who can be so mean and my advice about that is for you to just ignore them.  I am a kid who stands up for himself and others.  If a bully messed with me, he might as well have tied himself up to a tree and said, "ready, aim, fire!"   (That's a reference from a book you'll read with Mrs. Schauer.)  

I wish you the best of luck with Math; I did not have much luck with that myself but hopefully you'll do better than me.

Sixth grade wasn't that bad.  It wasn't great, but it was fun and I think you'll like it too.

Good luck!

Sincerely,

Brandon  (AKA the band geek)



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be approved before they will be posted by Mrs. Schauer. Please keep comments kind and relevant to the posts! :)