Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Advice from Julien

Dear Future Sixth Graders, 

I am going to tell you how to survive the sixth grade.  On the first day you get kind of nervous and you feel like you're in a whole different world.  You don't know where any of your classes are and you feel all tiny. You get picked on by the high schoolers unless you know some that like you.  

You have a lot more freedom in junior high than you had in elementary.  There are no more teachers telling you to get in a line at the door.  There is nobody to hold your hand.  It's just you.  

I liked my schedule.  First period I had PE or Athletics.  I was in PE for the first half of the year until they gave us a choice.  I think Athletics is way better than PE because in Athletics you can play sports and lift weights.  Second period I had Mrs. Camden for Science. Science is a good period to get stuff done in.  Sometimes we did projects but make sure you get your work done in her class because if you don't you will make a bad grade.  Third period I had Coach DeCamp for Math.  There's really not much to say about it--it is just math.  Fourth period I had Mr. Flores for Social Studies.  The main thing I need to say about that is MAKE SURE YOU WRITE ALL YOUR NOTES...and there are a lot of them. Fifth period I had Mrs. Schauer for Reading and everybody likes her.  I also have her for English sixth period, and we have lunch in between her classes.  (Bring your own lunch)  Seventh period is tutorials.  If you're passing all of your classes you get to go down to the tennis courts and play football or just hang out.  Eighth period I had Band.  You may not like Mr. Flores in sixth grade Band but give him a chance because I heard it gets a lot better in high school.  

Good luck in sixth grade! 

Sincerely, 

Julien

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be approved before they will be posted by Mrs. Schauer. Please keep comments kind and relevant to the posts! :)