Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Advice from Dexter



Dear Future Sixth Graders,

There are a few things you should know before you start your normal routine in the everyday life of a sixth grader.  I’m going to help you out with some things that you should avoid, and not avoid.



First of all the classes will be a little harder, but it’s not too bad.  My favorite classes were Athletics, Science, Reading, and English.  Most of the teachers were good, but I just couldn’t stand the subject Math.  The only class I struggled with was Social Studies with Mr. Flores. He made us write a lot of notes, and usually gave us a note test, so remember:  Always write your notes.  
Athletics is really cool except for the fact that people steal your clothes.  The coach says to leave your workout clothes in the field house to be washed but I never did that because people always stole my clothes.

Science was really easy.  We never really did much and when we did it was really easy to me.  

Mrs. Schauer teaches Reading and English.  I never liked reading, but Mrs. Schauer made it really fun.  English is just like talking.  It’s really easy because Mrs. Schauer makes that fun too.


There is a lot more freedom here and the teachers aren’t always holding your hand through everything and I think that’s way better.  If you ever need any help just ask me.

See you next time,

Dex

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be approved before they will be posted by Mrs. Schauer. Please keep comments kind and relevant to the posts! :)